And just like that, game day food is yesterday’s news and the next two weeks will be all Valentine’s Day chocolates, baked treats, sweet treats, meals for two and everything good.
I recently tried these simple & crisp dried fruit crisps and fell in love. I tried orange, blood orange, apple and pear and they were so good! Plain, just popping them into my mouth, with spreadable cheese and .. yes, you guessed it .. dipped in chocolate.
Valentine’s Day is coming up and if you’re looking to make some of these chocolate covered treats, you will not be disappointed! I’m going to package these up for gifts!
I also decided to add a little sparkle and bling and sprinkled some sparkling sugar on some of them as well.
- 5 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- assortment dried fruit crisps (apple, pear, orange)
- sparkling sugar (optional)
- Using a double boiler on the stove or a glass microwave-safe bowl in the microwave, heat and melt your chocolate. Dip the dried fruit crisps into the chocolate and lay on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Sprinkle on some sparkling sugar if desired.
- Let the chocolate harden and serve!
And because I love you guys .. we’re celebrating Valentine’s Day a little early here on the blog. I’ve partnered with some fabulous blogger friends and we’re celebrating today by hosting a freaking awesome giveaway!!!! A $300 gift card to Amazon.com! I don’t know about you, but I could totally go to town with $300 on Amazon.com.
So, ENTER ENTER ENTER and good luck!
Disclosure: This giveaway is sponsored by all of the bloggers listed above.