Sometimes you just need a sandwich. A big sandwich. Or a chicken burger. One that drips when you take a bite and is juicy and full of flavor. This is for the days when a salad won’t cut it. When you just need more.
I could have grilled a big, juicy ground beef patty but I had lovely chicken thigh meat in my fridge and couldn’t let those babies go to waste. Grilled to perfection and the grill marks get me every time. Oh baby.
This chicken sandwich rocks on so many levels. . the bacon, the chicken thigh meat, the perfectly toasted bun, and fresh, crisp green leaf lettuce and the big, luscious slices of fresh tomatoes.
But you wanna know what the kicker is?
Maille’s new Honey Dijon Mustard with Balsamic Vinegar. Now, I’m a HUGE lover of honey dijon mustard (or any kind of dijon mustard; love the stuff) and balsamic vinegar. . so combining the two?!
This is perfection.
And should be spread on every burger, sandwich, wrap, whatever . . out there. You guys need to try this.
The Ultimate Chicken Sandwich
For the dry chicken rub:
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon ancho chili pepper powder you can add more if you want more heat
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric
- 1/2 tablespoon coriander
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon star anise powder
For the chicken sandwich:
- 4 big chicken thigh pieces boneless and skinless
- 4 buns toasted
- honey dijon mustard with balsamic vinegar
- dijon mustard optional
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- cooked thick crispy bacon strips
- green leaf lettuce
- tomato slices
For the dry rub:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and mix until well blended. Taste and adjust any seasonings as needed. Sprinkle dry rub onto each chicken thigh piece, on both sides, and gently rub in. Cover and place into the refrigerator for at least an hour.
For the sandwich:
- Fire up the grill. Remove chicken thighs from the fridge and place into the hot grill and let cook undisturbed until browned, for about 3 minutes. Flip the chicken thighs and repeat. Continue this until the thigh meat is nicely charred and cooked through to an internal temperature of at least 165°F. Remove from the grill and let rest for a few minutes before assembling your sandwich.
- To assemble: generously slather on the mayonnaise and dijon mustard on the bottom piece of the bun and slather on Maille's honey dijon mustard with balsamic vinegar on the top side of the bun. Place the slice of cheddar cheese on the bottom bun, add the chicken thigh meat (which should still be hot), layer on the tomatoes, lettuce and thick, crispy bacon. Top with the top bun and devour immediately.
Dry rub inspired directly from Tom Douglas’ Chicken Rub, Rub With Love. I figured out the proportions on my own.
And just to make sure someone gets to try this fabulous Honey Dijon Mustard with Balsamic Vinegar. . We’re giving away the entire product line of Maille’s dijon mustards and cornichons. One reader will win everything featured below.
You guys have to try each and every product shown above. These are the best. Enter the giveaway below and GOOD LUCK!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post. I was provided with all of the products featured above to sample. I wanted to host a giveaway because I truly love these products.