Summer is here and we are officially in “quick and easy” mode here at my house. The kids are out of school and I need to be smarter about how I spend my time, how I organize and plan our days and how quickly I can get lunch on the table.
So when I’m in a hurry and need something fast, I reach for Annie’s Homegrown . From Annie’s cheddar bunnies, snack mix, pretzels and granola bars, my pantry is always stocked with Annie’s Homegrown snacks because my kids love them. And recently, we tried the Shells and White Cheddar Mac and Cheese and my kids loved it. I did add in some fresh, seasonal summer veggies: zucchini and yellow summer squash, which I seem to be throwing into everything these days and my kids’ favorite: broccoli and hot dogs.
You can’t go wrong if you add hot dogs.
So, this summer, here’s to taking it easy. . keeping it tasty and having lots of fun with the family!
Annie's Homegrown: Mac and Cheese
- 1 box Annie's Homegrown Shells and White Cheddar Mac and Cheese
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 hot dogs cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup zucchini chopped
- 1/3 cup yellow summer squash chopped
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Gruyere cheese
- Using a medium to large sized pot, bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta shells according to box instructions. During the last 2-3 minutes of cooking, add the broccoli florets and hot dogs. Drain the water, rinse and place everything back into the pot.
- Add the zucchini, summer squash, broccoli, milk and butter and mix together over medium-low heat. Sprinkle the Annie's cheese (in packet) and the freshly grated gruyere in and mix together until well combined. Season with salt and serve immediately.
For 25 years, Annie’s Homegrown has been nourishing families with simple, down-to-earth foods that taste great and are easy to love. Annie’s products seek out the best ingredients Mother Earth has to offer, harvesting pure, natural flavors to make delicious foods every family can feel good about.
Today I have teamed up with Annie’s to help spread the word and to give away some of their wonderful products. One reader will receive all of the products featured above (Annie’s mac&cheese, cheddar squares & fruit snacks) plus some fun Annie’s swag including a t-shirt, lip balm, and a chino bag! So, join Team Annie’s , enter the giveaway and get social with them: Annie’s Facebook Fan Page , Annie’s Twitter Page and Annie’s Instagram !
Disclosure: #spon: I’m required to disclose a relationship between my blog and Annie’s Homegrown. This could include Annie’s providing me w/ content, product, access or other forms of payment.