If you ask me, crostini parties are the way to go when entertaining. They are quick and easy to make and are so versatile. You can top those little toasted breads with just about anything.
If you follow my blog, you may have noticed that I have a thing for dijon mustard. I seriously put it on everything. Everything. I love it. I think the dijon adds such a nice heat and hint of spiciness to foods that makes it so wonderful. And when paired with the right foods, enhances the flavor of the foods that you are eating. So it goes without saying that I added my Maille dijon mustard, both the Dijon Originale and the Old Style Whole Grain Mustard, to my crostini.
For me, the dijon mustard tied everything together and was so delicious. And the cornichons! These are the best and should be served any time you are entertaining. “Cornichons are small, tart pickles made from tiny cucumbers known as gherkins. Pickled in a signature mix of vinegar and aromatics including tarragon, cloves, baby onions, and mustard seeds, Maille Cornichons are crunchy and packed with flavor.
Maille Cornichons are produced according to time-honored French tradition according to a rigorous production process. Hand picked at exactly the right size, they are immediately prepared and packaged the same day, to ensure optimal quality and freshness. Once weighed and packed, the cornichons are bathed in a warm, vinegar-based, aromatized recipe, which ensures their crunchy texture, delicious taste, and deep green color.”
I seriously could just sit and eat the entire jar in one sitting. So good! If you like Dijon Mustard and cornichons, today is your lucky day because I am giving away each Maille product shown above. So, sit back, enjoy the recipe and ENTER the giveaway below! You need to make these salami and Emmentaler cheese crostini!
Salami and Emmentaler Cheese Crostini with Maille Dijon Mustard
- extra virgin olive oil
- french bread baguette; sliced
- Maille Dijon Mustard Dijon Originale and Old Style Whole Grain
- salami and/or prosciutto slices
- emmentaler cheese or any gruyere or swiss; sliced thin
- parsley for garnish
- serve with Maille's Cornichons
- Heat one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a non-stick skillet or pan or medium-high heat (you can add more olive oil if you are toasting slices from the entire baguette). Add the baguette slices and toast the bread on each side until golden brown. Remove from the hot pan and onto a serving platter.
- Spread on your dijon mustard (any kind) and top with the salami and/or prosciutto slices and the cheese. Garnish with a little parsley if desired. Serve immediately and enjoy with Maille's cornichons.
(open to residents within the United States only)
When the giveaway is over, a winner will be randomly selected via the Rafflecopter widget. The winner will be contacted by the email provided within the Rafflecopter widget. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to the email or another winner will be selected.
Disclosure: I was provided the Maille products featured above for review and recipe development purposes. I was not compensated for this post. All opinions expressed here are 100% my own.