I love magazines. When it comes to magazines, I am kind of old school. The only magazine subscriptions I have now are to Food and Wine, Cooking Light and a Woman’s Day subscription that my dear friend Joyce bought for me. I used to have a lot more but never got around to reading all of them. And then I think about my 2 1/2 year old, Madeline, tearing up my beloved magazines or Phoebe innocently cutting out pictures and letters out of my magazines. . not knowing that she cut a big chunk out of a recipe that I wanted.
And then when I notice my magazines lying all over the place, creating clutter and mess, I pause.
We cancelled a lot of mine and my husband’s magazine subscriptions because they were piling up, not getting read and again, creating clutter and piles of magazines all over the house.
So, when I heard about Next Issue, I was excited to try this app out. Because, whether we like it or not, technology and mobile devices and tablets are here to stay. And I personally LOVE it. Next Issue is an app that you download to your tablet that gives you unlimited access to all of the best magazines, including back issues. You literally have an entire newsstand at your fingertips!
I love the Custom Library feature: One tap adds your picks to your personal library and new issues of your selected magazines automatically appear in your library. You don’t have to do a thing! Tap any cover to open that magazine or browse the back issues. And clutter? No paper, no waste, no clutter. And no more cut up pieces of magazine pages all over my living room floor. Hooray.
So, now the husband and I both get to download all of the magazines we want! He downloaded his Consumer Reports, PC Magazine and Fortune and I got all of my cooking magazines and InStyle. Woot woot! Here’s a snap shot of our library!
So, guess what I’ll be reading this week! The August issue of Bon Appetit!
Would you like to try the Next Issue app?
- Experience Next Issue with a 30-day free trial
- With Next Issue you can access more than 90 titles from top publishers including Condé Nast, Hearst, Meredith, TIME Inc., Wenner (full list of titles is available here)
- Pricing (after 30-day free trial):Unlimited Basic: $9.99/month (access to all 84 monthly titles including current and back issues, e.g., Cooking Light, Esquire, Real Simple, Vanity Fair, Wired, etc.)
- Premium: $14.99/month (unlimited access to all monthly and weekly titles including current and back issues, e.g., The New Yorker, People, Time, etc.)
And here are some Features of the app for more information:
- Custom Library: One tap adds your picks to your personal library and new issues of your selected magazines automatically appear in your library. Tap any cover to open that magazine or browse the back issues.
- Easy Navigation: All titles share the same user-friendly navigation features, allowing you to flip through pages for a cover-to-cover read or tap the screen to reveal a shortcut tool that lets you jump to a specific section or hop back to the table of contents.
- Custom settings: Download your favorite magazines for offline reading anywhere; you may also set up automatic download for titles on your always-read list so they’re guaranteed to be ready when you are.
- Single account, multiple devices: A single account offers access to Next Issue content on up to five different devices.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.