One more ice cream recipe to share!
The next best thing to chocolate sauce with vanilla ice cream is fruit with ice cream! This recipe incorporates grilled peaches and fresh raspberries to make a raspberry sauce. The original recipe from Women’s Day shows you how to make an orange ice cream using orange zest but I made vanilla since I wanted to show you the homemade vanilla recipe. Click on this link to see how to make the Orange Ice Cream.
Grilled peaches are always the perfect close to a summer meal and are made even better served with homemade vanilla ice cream and raspberry sauce! Hope you give this one a try, enjoy!!!
Grilled Peaches with Vanilla Ice Cream & Raspberry Sauce
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 can (14-ounce) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed, if frozen
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 1 tablespoons canola oil (for the grill)
- 4- 6 peaches or nectarines; halved to grill
- Using an electric stand mixer, beat the heavy cream, condensed milk, and vanilla on HIGH speed in a large bowl until thick, stiff peaks form, 5-8 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a loaf pan or freezer-safe container, cover and freeze until firm, at least 8 hours and up to 2 weeks.
- In a food processor or blender, purée the raspberries, and the sugar until smooth. Strain through a fine sieve. Cover and refrigerate the sauce until ready to serve or for up to 5 days. I found it really hard to strain my sauce so you can see the raspberry seeds in my sauce. No biggie! Also, I did not incorporate the sugar and the sauce still tasted wonderful with the ice cream.
- Twenty minutes before serving, heat grill to medium-high. Clean the grill, then lightly oil. Cut the peaches in half and grill until lightly charred, 3-4 minutes; transfer to bowls. (It’s important to only cut the peaches in half; they are easier to grill this way). You can cut them into smaller pieces if desired after they are grilled.
- Top with the ice cream and drizzle with the raspberry sauce.
Recipe from Women’s Day Magazine: Grilled Peaches with Orange Ice Cream and Raspberry Sauce Recipe – Woman’s Day; click here for full recipe.