Crunchy Kale Salad! Classic kale salad with lots of crunchy toppings and a honey dijon mustard dressing. If you like kale salad, you have to check this recipe out!
I love produce. Fruits and vegetables are main staples for me. Growing up, my mother fed us lots of fruit and all different kinds of vegetables and I wholeheartedly believe this is why I love vegetables so much.
I’m a firm believer that if you have a well stocked pantry (with just some basics) and well stocked refrigerator, you will always be able to whip up dinner. This is why I keep my pantry and fridge stocked and full. There’s nothing worse than looking around your kitchen and into an empty refrigerator wondering what you can make.
The only thing that could be worse is looking into a refrigerator and seeing produce that’s not fresh and has gone bad. I’ll admit I had this problem with my old refrigerator. My fridge couldn’t keep up with all of the fresh produce I was storing. It was an old fridge so once I figured out that my fridge wasn’t the best, I simply had to go grocery shopping every few days or so. Even some of the tricks I tried, like keeping my fresh herbs in glasses of water with a little plastic baggy over them and in the refrigerator didn’t help.
What finally worked? For me, getting a new refrigerator.
If you’re in the market for a new refrigerator, or thinking about one for later, click over to The Kitchenthusiast to learn more about KitchenAid’s 36″ Stainless Steel French Door refrigerator and what makes this one so special and why I love it so much.
And while you’re there, you need to grab this recipe for my Crunchy Kale Salad!!! This salad is so easy to make and delicious!!!! And be sure to massage your kale! I hope you enjoy!
- 1 heaping tablespoon shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus extra as needed
- 2 bunches kale, (I like lacinato kale), stems fully removed and sliced thin or shredded
- Pinch of kosher salt
- ¾ cup red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 Gala or Honeycrisp apple, unpeeled and chopped
- Dried cranberries
- Sliced almonds
- Using a small bowl or mason jar with lid, combine the shallots, vinegar, Dijon mustard and honey. Whisk together or close Mason jar with lid (seal tightly) and shake well. Add salt and pepper and shake again.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil, a little at a time, until smooth and emulsified. Taste and adjust any ingredients as needed. Set aside.
- Place the shredded kale into a large mixing bowl and sprinkle a little kosher salt over top. Squeeze the kale, massaging it for about 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in the shredded red cabbage and the chopped apples and mix together once more.
- Top with the dried cranberries and sliced almonds and mix again. Lightly drizzle the mustard shallot dressing over the top, toss, and serve.
To get the recipe and full instructions for this salad, please visit The Kitchenthusiast.
Disclosure: This is a paid, sponsored post in partnership with KitchenAid USA. All opinions stated here are 100% my own.