Gluten free Coconut Raspberry Muffins! Made with coconut flour so they are gluten free, grain free and dairy friendly! You’ve got to try these!
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. Paul and I were reminiscing about what we used to do while we were dating on Valentine’s Day. He would send roses, take me out to dinner (on Feb. 14) and even write me a card. At dinner, we’d indulge in our meal and dessert. I would always over-do it but I could never resist whatever chocolate dessert they had on the menu. We used to exchange gifts too but now we’re lucky if we go out to dinner on a night remotely close to February 14.
Sometimes we go out the week after just to avoid the craziness and the overpriced prefixed menus. The great thing though about what we do now is Paul makes me breakfast in bed and the kids give me handmade cards and drawings. It’s the best. We’re at home, I’m in the comfort of my pajamas and I know exactly what I’m eating. I’m actually a little lactose intolerant so I can’t go crazy when it comes to certain desserts. I’ve written about it here.
This Valentine’s, LACTAID® is partnering with Milk Bar and James Beard award-winning pastry chef, Christina Tosi to create treats made with LACTAID® so that those who are sensitive to dairy can enjoy their signature sweets. I still haven’t been to Milk Bar yet but that’s the first place I’m going when I’m in NYC. Tosi created a special, limited-time offering of Milk Bar German Chocolate Cake Truffles made with LACTAID® Milk! Christina Tosi also created a Banana Cream Pie recipe that is low lactose! I love it!!
LACTAID® Dairy Products are 100% real dairy, just without the lactose, so they are easy to digest with no discomfort. LACTAID® Products – including milk, ice cream, cottage cheese, and dietary supplements – can help people who have sensitivity to lactose digest dairy products without stomach discomfort so they can enjoy the creamy, delicious taste of dairy that they love without worrying that the milk is going to mess with them.
With so many amazing products out in the market today, there’s something for everyone. I can use LACTAID® products in my baking, instead of regular milk, so there’s no digestion discomfort. And there’s coconut flour. Coconut flour you guys!!! I just discovered it and I can’t stop baking with it. And there’s coconut sugar too. For those who have gluten sensitivities, are carb conscious, or are simply trying to eat healthier, coconut flour is a delicious, healthy alternative to wheat and other grain flours.
I made these Coconut Raspberry Muffins, which, I must say are delicious! I’m going to make these again for Paul (and myself!) on Valentine’s Day! If you like coconut, you will love these! And make the raspberry sauce!
It goes beautifully with these coconut raspberry muffins and adds a great freshness and sweetness. I loved these so much! And I can eat these to my heart’s content.
Coconut Raspberry Muffins to wish everyone a Happy Valentine’s Day!!
Coconut Raspberry Muffins
For the muffins:
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 large eggs room temp
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- 3 tablespoons LACTAID® Reduced Fat 2% Milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
For the raspberry sauce:
- 1 ½ cups fresh raspberries + more for serving
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
For the muffins:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin pan with non-stick baking spray and line with disposable muffin liners.
- Using a large mixing bowl, mix together the coconut flour, almond meal, baking powder and salt and set aside. In a separate medium sized mixing bowl, lightly whisk together the eggs, maple syrup, coconut sugar, cooled coconut oil, LACTAID® Milk, and vanilla extract. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk together until smooth.
- Pour muffin batter into liners evenly and bake for about 20 to 24 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool for about 5 to 10 minutes.
For the raspberry sauce:
- Combine raspberries and sugar in a food processor; process until pureed. Press mixture through a fine sieve over a medium bowl; discard seeds. Pour raspberry sauce over muffins and enjoy! Serve with more raspberries.
Disclosure: I have received information and materials from JOHNSON & JOHNSON CONSUMER, Inc., McNeil Nutritionals, LLC Subsidiary the makers of LACTAID®. The opinions stated are my own. This is a sponsored post.