Yes, I’m coming at you with two smoothie recipes in a row. Smoothies aren’t just meant for a glass and straw anymore. Make a parfait. Or, in this case, make a smoothie breakfast bowl.
It’s like bedazzled cereal . . but with a smoothie instead of milk. A freaking delicious smoothie. So delicious you’ll drop the spoon when you’re almost finished and turn the bowl up into your mouth with your hands to get every last drop.
I made these one morning with my girls and customized the toppings for each kid, and myself.
I topped one bowl with shredded coconut, cherries and peanut butter morsels. For my youngest. . who is obsessed with everything peanut butter and sweet.
For my oldest, I topped hers with one of her favorite cereals, Gorilla Munch Corn Puffs, chocolate chips and blueberries. Because, you know, the fruit balances it all.
And then, for myself, I of course had to throw on peaches, bananas and sliced almonds. Three things I am obsessed with and haven’t gone a day (in the summer) without eating.
So, make a smoothie breakfast bowl, top it with what you like. . and enjoy! And make them fast because nothing beats in-season summer fruit in smoothie bowls.
Here’s to the last glorious month of summer!!
- 2 cups assorted frozen berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries)
- ½ cup yogurt (any kind)*
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 banana, peeled and chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed meal or chia seeds
- squirt of honey (optional)
- shredded coconut
- granola or other cereal
- fresh berries
- sliced peaches
- chocolate or peanut butter morsels*
- sliced banana
- sliced almonds
- Place all ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth. Pour smoothie evenly into shallow bowls and top with assorted toppings. Serve immediately and enjoy!