Spring Medley Frittata! Celebrate spring’s in-season veggies with this delicious spring medley frittata! Perfect for breakfast, brunch or any meal of the day!
They say when you marry someone, you’re not just marrying that person, but the person’s family too. Lucky for me, when I married Paul, I married into a pretty cool family. We were all living in CA, and we lived like 10 minutes from each other, so needless to say, we got together often.
Easter was always a fun and food-filled holiday for us and there was always Easter brunch, the much anticipated Easter egg hunt and Easter dinner. Yeah, we go big.
This year, we are celebrating Easter Sunday with friends at their place, so I wanted to make something delicious and something that could also travel well. I’m obsessed with all things spring so this frittata is packed with spring’s bounty. I love how you can see the vegetables in this frittata on top. And I stuck the frittata under the broiler for a few minutes to brown the top slightly.
This frittata is quick, easy and delicious . . and I’m kind of inventing something new here. A new way to eat a frittata. I did it with pizza so why not a frittata?
People everywhere will be doing this. You just watch. Salads on foods. It’s the next big thing.
It shouldn’t surprise you that Easter is one of my children’s favorite holidays. . we do stress the significance of the day to my girls and they get it. But their faces light up when the Easter egg hunt begins.
Candy in plastic eggs. Can it get any better?
Normally, I would be stressing a little about brunch, but this year I planned my menu ahead of time and did my shopping early. I still have a little more shopping to do but most of it is done. With one stop into ALDI, I picked up all of my ingredients for my frittata and some essentials for Easter Sunday.
I seriously love shopping at my local ALDI. Everyone is always so nice and it’s quick and efficient and I can always find what I need. Have an ALDI near you? Be sure to stop in on Saturday to take advantage of Easter specials!
A lot of people have asked me about organic products at ALDI. They have organic dairy and produce so you can rest assured you are buying quality foods for your family and saving some money in the process. Everything I purchased for my frittata was only $20.01!! Can you believe that?!
This frittata is packed with fresh, spring vegetables and everything you need to make a delicious frittata!
And the delicious, light and fresh salad that goes on top!
This frittata is the best! Take advantage of spring veggies and make this! Wishing everyone a happy and blessed Easter and . . who else is making a golden egg for their Easter egg hunt?!
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup SimplyNature Organic 2% Milk
- 1 teaspoon Burman’s Dijon Mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup of Happy Farms Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 5 oz. SimplyNature Organic Baby Spinach
- 5 spears asparagus, blanched and cut into 1 to 2 inch pieces
- SimplyNature Organic Spring Mix
- Radishes, sliced thin
- SimplyNature Balsamic Vinaigrette or balsamic glaze
- Preheat your oven to 500 degrees (or full broil). Using a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, dijon mustard and season with salt and pepper. Mix in the mozzarella cheese and set aside.
- Using a cast iron skillet, or any large oven-safe skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in the onions and mushrooms and sauté until tender, for about 5 minutes. Add in the baby spinach and blanched asparagus and cook until the spinach leaves become softened, for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Pour in the egg mixture, and turn the heat down to medium. Cook until set, for about 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven and broil until golden brown on top. Be sure to watch your frittata carefully. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 5 to 7 minutes before topping with the spring salad mix. Add some sliced radishes if desired and salad dressing. Serve and enjoy!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post with ALDI. All opinions expressed here are 100% my own. Some of these items are Special Buy or Seasonal items that are only in ALDI stores for a limited time and may no longer be available.