7 Layer Dip Flatbread! No more community bowl of 7 layer dip! Have your own on flatbread!
My kids don’t like mac and cheese but they love Tex-Mex food. This is how I know they are my kids. And my husband, well, he thinks Chipotle is gourmet. He loves his burritos!
I discovered my kids loved taco dip when we were at a party, like loved. Like, they (my two daughters) polished that off, loved it. So, naturally I made 7 layer dip and they went crazy.
And I don’t know about you, but when I’m eating something I love, I don’t really want to share it. Community bowl 7 layer dip, no thank you.
So, I’ve combined two of my favorite eats: Naan and 7 layer dip!
Now, these are kinda big-ish. But everyone gets their own!! You don’t have to share!
Super Bowl food isn’t just for the adults, yo. My kids will go to town on these.
Yeah, ok, these could be a meal all on their own. So if you’re looking for appetizers, just cut them into smaller pieces. Enjoy!!
Go Hawks!! And check back here on Sunday for a fabulous weeknight recipe!
- ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans
- kosher salt
- Naan, or any kind of flatbread; baked or toasted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 to 2 cups guacamole
- 1 cup salsa
- half head lettuce, chopped and shredded
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ½ red and orange bell pepper, diced
- mozzarella or cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- black olives, sliced
- Using a medium sized pan over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the black beans and saute for about 5 to 6 minutes, or until very soft. Season with salt. Remove from pan and into a bowl. Using a potato masher, mash the black beans together until somewhat smooth.
- To assemble: Spread the black bean mixture on the naan flatbread, then top in this order: sour cream, guacamole, salsa, lettuce, tomatoes, fresh bell peppers, and then sprinkle on some cheese, black olives and jalapenos. Enjoy!
More game day ideas!
- Totally Epic Loaded Nachos – Brown Eyed Baker
- Extra Spicy Honey-Sriracha Chicken Wings – Hip Foodie Mom
- Braised Barbecue Chicken Pizza Dip – The Wooden Skillet