Cinnamon Chocolate Swirl Crunch Bread! With a cinnamon chocolate swirled through the middle of the bread and a chocolate ganache on top, this bread is magical and delicious!
A great thing happened today. This bread.
I used to love eating Eggo Cinnamon Toast mini waffles. It was like instant cinnamon-goodness satisfaction. As a kid, I wanted to buy the Cinnamon Toast crunch cereal but my mom never let me. Maybe that was a good thing. If you’ve never had cinnamon + chocolate, you’ve been missing out.
And you need to bake this bread immediately and just to help you get started, I have partnered with Fleischmann’s Yeast, Fleischmann’s Simply Homemade Baking Mixes and Karo Syrup – trusted baking products that have been kitchen staples for more than 100 years – who are launching the Baking A Difference campaign to benefit Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign to help end childhood hunger in America.
The Challenge was to put my own spin on Fleischmann’s Beginner’s White Bread, Fleischmann’s Yeast’s best recipe for a loaf of bread. It’s the holidays and I have cinnamon on the brain. . the smell alone transports me to a happy, warm kitchen where something fabulous *with cinnamon of course* is baking. So, I tested out Fleischmann’s RapidRise Yeast for the first time.
It was crazy. My dough doubled in size in half the time. It was seriously crazy.
I made the Fleischmann’s Beginner’s White Bread as is, tested out some other recipes, made some cinnamon rolls and landed on this Cinnamon Chocolate Swirl Crunch Bread. I’m calling this crunch bread because I added some extra cinnamon-sugar and butter on top to create this lovely, awesomely sweet exterior. Oh so good!
And if you’re feeling even more adventurous, add some ganache!
And for even more baking fun, ENTER Fleischmann’s Yeast 12 Days of Baking Sweepstakes on Facebook OR simply create YOUR own unique spin on Fleischmann’s white bread recipe, photograph it and share it with (hashtag) #BakingADifference on Twitter and Facebook and you could be featured in Fleischmann’s Baking A Difference e-cookbook that will be released in 2014.
Cinnamon Chocolate Swirl Crunch Bread
For the bread dough:
- 5-1/2 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 envelopes Fleischmann's® RapidRise Yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
For the Cinnamon Chocolate Swirl (ingredients for 2 loaves):
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup ground cinnamon
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 4-6 tablespoons butter; melted
For the ganache:
- 3 tablespoons Karo corn syrup
- 6 ounces heavy cream
- 12 ounces dark or bittersweet chocolate chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the bread dough:
- Combine 2 cups flour, sugar, undissolved yeast and salt in a large mixer bowl. Heat water, milk, and butter until very warm (120° to 130°F); stir into flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in 1 cup flour; beat at high speed for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in enough remaining flour to make soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each half out to a 12 x 7-inch rectangle. Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl and sprinkle over the dough, reserving about a 1/4 cup for later. Cover the cinnamon sugar mixture with chocolate chips. Roll into a big log. Place in a greased loaf pan. Cover; let rise in a warm, draft free place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes to one hour.
- Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar over the top and bake at 400°F for about 25 to 30 minutes or until done. Immediately after removing the loaf from the oven, pour the melted butter over the loaf. Alternatively, you can remove the loaf from the oven about 5 minutes earlier, pour the melted butter over the loaf and return to the oven for the remaining 5 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool before pouring on the chocolate ganache.
For the ganache:
- Using a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the corn syrup and heavy cream. Bring to a light simmer (when you see bubbles forming around the outer edge) and add the chopped chocolate. Stir until smooth. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract. Stir well.
- Allow to cool for a minute or two and pour over the Cinnamon Chocolate Swirl Crunch Bread and enjoy!
(open to residents within the United States only)
The prize pack will include:
· A premium steel nonstick mini loaf pan from Sur La Table, a Madeira edge-grain teak wooden bread board (featured above), and a state-of-the-art slice and spread knife to help bake and serve your bread
· A basket of Fleischmann’s Yeast, Karo Syrup and Simply Homemade varieties, including the new Pretzel Creations to help you get baking
Disclosure: I was provided the same bread baking prize packs. This giveaway is sponsored by Fleischmann’s.