Linguine with Mushrooms and Clam Sauce!!! Who doesn’t love seafood pasta?! And be sure to serve this with some toasted, grilled or crusty bread! So good! I hope you try this recipe soon!
I’m a pasta girl. I love pasta. I would never ever ever be able to give up carbs. Ever. Bread, pasta, rice. . I need it all. Everything in moderation friends.
Tonight, I wanted to mix it up a little. No marinara sauce today. And I’m reading Jenna Weber’s book White Jacket Required and this is her favorite dish. If the thought of using canned clams makes you cringe, you can try Giada’s recipe but remember, we’re keeping things simple here at Hip Foodie Mom during the week, trying to not whip out thirty ingredients and keeping the cooking time under 30 minutes so you can actually get dinner on the table for your family at a decent hour.
And don’t let the canned clams fool you. This dish is freakin’ delicious. Give this one a try and let me know what you think. I hope you enjoy!
I’ve made this recipe with fresh little neck clams and canned ones. You can make the pasta recipe either way! There are so many linguine with clam sauce recipes online. I have added butter and white wine to make the sauce as well. Try this one, change it up. . and try other recipes too! That’s the beauty of cooking!
Linguine with Mushrooms and Clam Sauce
- 1 lb linguine pasta
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic chopped (or minced)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cans 15 ounce white clam sauce (I bought Progresso)
- 1 lb littleneck clams washed*
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley chopped and split (for sauce and garnish)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil and cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Add the onions, mushrooms and garlic and cook until soft and tender, about 5 minutes. Add the clams and clam sauce and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the lemon juice, and half of the parsley. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 3 more minutes. If using fresh clams, discard any clams that have not opened.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and mix. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and the remaining parsley. Enjoy!