Peppery Broccoli with Angel Hair Pasta!! Angel hair pasta, broccoli, cremini mushrooms, feta cheese and more. So good and so easy to make!
*** This cookbook giveaway is now closed. The winner has been notified.***
I’m a huge pasta girl. Give me any type/shape of pasta and I’m happy. And when I find a recipe that’s healthy, delicious, quick and easy to make? I’m even happier and so is my family.
I’ve always especially loved Capellini pasta or angel hair pasta. It’s so thin and easy to slurp up, which makes it dangerous . . because you can eat a lot more faster. . but it’s so delicious! When I was living in San Francisco, I fell in love with Capellini pasta from Pasta Pomodoro. They had a Capellini with their house pomodoro red sauce with fresh garlic, basil and extra virgin olive oil. This was to die for. So good! I was living in the Marina and Pasta Pomodoro was literally right across the street. Back then, in 1999, I wasn’t cooking much at all, so I would order this 2-3 times a week. It was that good.
Today’s Sunday Supper is all about Sara Moulton, her new cookbook and everyday family dinners. Sara Moulton is a Chef, Cookbook Author, and Television Personality. “Sara’s TV career began in 1979 when she was hired to work behind the scenes on public television’s “Julia Child & More Company.” Her friendship with Julia led eventually to Sara’s gig at “GMA,” where what started as another behind-the-scenes position ripened by 1997 into on-camera work. By then Sara had begun hosting the Food Network’s “Cooking Live.” Six years and over 1200 hour-long shows later, “Cooking Live” ended its run on March 31, 2002. “Sara’s Secrets” began the next day. ”Other TV chefs may own famous restaurants and perform with theatrical flair,” noted TV Guide’s Herma Rosenthal, “But Moulton’s the one you can actually picture popping over to help you fix the lumpy gravy or the fallen soufflé.””
I am so happy to be a part of today’s special Sunday Supper! All of the recipes being shared today are either from Sara Moulton or inspired by one of her dishes. And since I’m giving away a copy of her new cookbook, Sara Moulton’s Everyday Family Dinners, I wanted to choose a recipe from the book and share it with you. I love how quick, simple and delicious this recipe is to make. . . truly making it a family dinner, one that you can whip up easily any night of the week. This pasta is light and flavorful and I love the addition of the broccoli, which is unusual but delicious! I actually made a big batch of this which we enjoyed with friends on July 4th.
- 1 bunch broccoli (about 1½ pounds)
- 12 oz Capellini aka angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 cups cremini mushrooms; sliced
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1-2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes (depending on desired level of heat)
- 6 oz feta cheese; crumbled
- ¼ cup fresh parsley; chopped, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cut the broccoli tops into bite-size florets; trim and peel the stems and slice them ½ inch thick (about 5-6 cups total). Add the broccoli. Cook for 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the broccoli to a bowl.
- Add the angel hair to the boiling water and cook until al dente, following the package directions. Drain well and return the cooked pasta to the cooking pot.
- In a separate non-stick pan, saute the mushrooms over medium high heat until soft and tender, for about 5 minutes. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, combine the chicken stock and red pepper flakes in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the broccoli, chicken stock, and mushrooms to the drained pasta. Heat over medium heat until hot; toss together and add salt to taste. Add in the crumbled feta cheese and fresh parsley and toss together one last time. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe from Sara Moulton. Follow Sara Moulton and her recipes on Saramoulton.com | Facebook |Twitter
Before we get to all the wonderful recipes today, I have TWO important things to share with you! #1: I’m giving away a copy of Sara’s cookbook so look for the details below AND you must check out the Food and Wine Conference, July 19-21, sponsored by Sunday Supper. To see the amazing list of speakers, click here!
Onto the fabulous recipes! All of the recipes being shared today are either from Sara Moulton or inspired by one of her dishes.
Breakfast for Dinner:
- Open-faced Zucchini Omelet w/Red Bell Pepper by Granny’s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
- Chocolate French Toast with Fresh Strawberry Sauce by Daily Dish Recipes
- Polenta Lasagne by Blueberries and Blessings
- Spicy Korean Cheesesteak by Kimchi MOM
- Chorizo Mushroom Bites by La Cocina de Leslie
- Roasted Ratatouille Crêpes with Goat Cheese by Healthy.Delicious.
- Grilled Chicken and Veggie Pizza by Runner’s Tales
- Clay Pot Vegetable Stew by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Reuben Pizza by Juanita’s Cocina
- Vegetarian Greek Stuffed Zucchini by The Messy Baker Blog
- Manchego, Fig and Bacon Flatbreads by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Kimchi Fried Rice by girlichef
- Gluten Free Mozzarella Pesto Pizza by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Peppery Broccoli with Feta Cheese and Angel Hair Pasta by Hip Foodie Mom
- Chicken Artichoke Piccata by Sustainable Dad
- Reuben Tortilla Pinwheels by Home Cooking Memories
- Deli Style Turkey Reuben Pizza by In The Kitchen with KP
- Grilled Mahi Mahi with Garlic Caper Sauce by Family Foodie
Spectacular Sides and Salads:
- Curried Peas and Black Beans by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chopped Salad with Feta, Chickpeas, and Pita Croutons by Supper for a Steal
- A Summer Salad from Paris by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Caprese Salad with Avocado by Ruffles & Truffles
Don’t Skip Desserts and Drinks:
- Three-Ingredient Pluot Crisp by Shockingly Delicious
- Stuffed Strawberry Dessert by Growing Up Gabel
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut-Butter No Bake Cookies by Killer Bunnies
- Warm Chocolate Cheesecake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Turkish Pistachio and Apricot Bread by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sparkling Watermelon Lemonade by The Urban Mrs.
- Blueberry Crepes by Basic N Delicious
- Nectarine Upside-Down Cake by Magnolia Days
- Cannoli Strawberries by Foxes Love Lemons
- Gluten-Free Carrot Cupcakes by Ninja Baking
- Watermelon Basil Lemonade by Curious Cuisiniere
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement.
THE COOKBOOK GIVEAWAY!
To Enter the COOKBOOK GIVEAWAY:
(Giveaway is for United States residents only.) I’m giving away one copy of Sara Moulton’s Everyday Family Dinners! To enter the giveaway, simply leave me a comment below, starting with “I am entering the giveaway!” That’s it. Entering could not be any easier. Giveaway only open until Wednesday, July 10.
And for good contest giveaway karma, you should join the Sunday Supper Twitter chat! Starts at 4pm PST/ 7pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and ME (@Hipfoodiemom1) and remember to include “#SundaySupper” in your tweets to join in the chat.