Celebrating a Week of Chocolate + A Chocolate Dessert Round-up!

cooking_channeltv.com

Oh chocolate.

Chocolate.

I love chocolate.  I’m not sure why but I was a milk chocolate only girl growing up. But now that I bake quite a bit more and perhaps my palate has changed, I can’t get enough of semi and bittersweet chocolate. Love it.

In honor of Valentine’s Day next week and the Cooking Channel’s week of chocolate . .  rich chocolate themed shows airing like crazy this week, I wanted to compile some chocolate dessert recipes I have made in case you become inspired and want to make something for your special loved ones for Valentine’s Day. So, I’ll keep this one short today and get right down to business (click on the title names for the recipes):

Chubby Bunny Truffles

chubby-bunny-truffles-with-toffee

Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache

choco_rasp_cupcakes_HipFoodieMom.com

Salted Caramel Brownies with English Toffee

salted-caramel-brownies-with-english-toffee-2

Whoopie Pies

whoopie_pie_hipfoodiemom-3

Chocolate Chip Cookies
These are probably one of the best homemade chocolate chip cookies I have ever tasted; up there with the NY Times CCC recipe.

IMG_7172-14

Mini Chocolate Ganache Nutter Butter Cupcakes

IMG_7858-22

Candy Bar Cookie Mini Muffins

IMG_8818-10

Mini Chocolate Cream Pies

choco_cream_pie3_HipFoodieMom.com_

Mini Bundt Cakes

If you still want chocolate but not chocolate cake.

Vanilla_bundtcakes_HipFoodieMom.com_

And last, but certainly not least. .  my new favorite chocolate CAKE recipe in a Chocolate Mini Bundt Cake!!!

mini_bundts_main_HipFoodieMom.com_

In the words of Alton Brown,  from the latest Iron Chef America Chocolate and coconut challenge, “Life is like a box of chocolates. Without a little bitterness, the sweetness don’t mean a thing.” Or, you might find this quote more inspiring. .  I saw this at the mall, in the window of a chocolate shop:

photo

7 Responses to "Celebrating a Week of Chocolate + A Chocolate Dessert Round-up!"

1. Brandi

February 5, 2013 at 8:50 pm

Oh Alice I’m drooling!! You and me both lady..,I think I have more recipes containing chocolate than anything else! I love dark and bittersweet chocolate the most. Sooo rich and leaves a lingering taste, unlike milk chocolate. Everything looks delicious and beautiful.

February 6, 2013 at 7:24 am

Thank you, Brandi!! I seriously have a love affair with chocolate. . so good. . :)

2. Erika

February 5, 2013 at 9:11 pm

Oh my god I think this is one of the best chocolate round ups I’ve ever seen, by far. Those mini chocolate bundt cakes? Total heaven, and going on my to-make list.

February 6, 2013 at 7:21 am

Erika, thank you so much! you are so sweet! I really do hope you make them. . the chocolate cake is seriously to die for.

3. Nancy @ gottagetbaked

February 5, 2013 at 9:35 pm

Whoa baby, this is my kind of round-up! You know I’m a chocolate fiend. I can’t believe you’ve made so many jawdropping, ooey, gooey, decadent, ah-may-zing chocolate desserts! Can I move in with you? Me, P and M would totally get along. I won’t eat that much extra, I promise … no, I can’t promise that – I’d probably push your girls aside to hog all the food!

February 6, 2013 at 7:23 am

Girl, you always crack me up!!!! And actually, Madeline, my 2 year old, can defend herself. . she’s a tough cookie. If there was chocolate on the table, she might knock you down to get it! :P

4. Linda | The Urban Mrs

February 7, 2013 at 3:04 pm

Oh my my – this is completely a world of chocolate! Love visiting your page and I just keep drooling seeing those recipes. I really wish we’re neighbors! :)