Spicy Asian Collard Green Wraps + A Giveaway!! Fresh, healthy and packed with vitamins, fiber and a ton of fresh veggies, you have to try my Spicy Asian Collard Green Wraps!! These are so easy to make and the peanut sauce is amazing!!
Happy Monday guys!
I have THREE fabulous surprises today. . an amazing recipe, a video and a giveaway!!
If you guys haven’t tried collard green wraps before, you are in for a treat because these are loaded with vitamins A, C, K and tons of fiber! And collard greens are in season now so grab a bunch, try this recipe and create your own!
Eating healthy isn’t hard when you have beautiful and delicious foods like this. I love how colorful and fresh these are. Pack these for your lunch or make these for a snack. These are absolutely delicious!
The key to any wrap, in my mind, aside from the fillings, is the sauce! The sauce that you put inside the wrap and the dipping sauce! No one wants a wrap that’s bland, boring and tasteless. So, I made a peanut sauce that packs a punch.
I love using Korean hot pepper paste, gochujang, for added flavor and heat. A little goes a long way but if you love the stuff like me, or are feeling adventurous, go for that entire heaping tablespoonful! You’ll be glad you did!
And instead of using regular peanut butter, I used Peanut Butter and Co’s Mighty Nut new powdered peanut butters, the one loaded with flax and chia. You simply mix the powder with water and it tastes just like peanut butter. Only better.
I hope you give these wraps a try and check out my VIDEO! If you like it, please give me a thumbs up!
- 5 tablespoons Mighty Nut Powdered Peanut Butter (Flax & Chia flavor)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water + more if needed
- 1 heaping tablespoon Korean hot pepper paste (gochujang)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- juice from ½ a lime
- 1 to 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce (start with one tablespoon)
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 6 to 8 oz. sweet potato glass noodles
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 5 to 6 collard green leafs
- fresh, green lettuce; shredded
- red cabbage, finely shredded
- carrots, julienned
- red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- Toothpicks to close
- Using a small to medium sized mixing bowl, mix together the Mighty Nut Powdered Peanut Butter with some water until you have the consistency of creamy peanut butter. Taste and adjust ingredients as needed. Mix in the gochujang, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, hoisin sauce and sesame oil. Whisk together until smooth. Taste and adjust ingredients as needed.
- Boil the noodles according to package instructions, usually for only 4 to 5 minutes. Drain, rinse and let cool slightly. Mix together with the sesame oil and soy sauce. Taste and adjust ingredients as needed.
- Cut off the stem on the collard greens, then cut out the stem completely. You will be left with two pieces.
- To assemble: spread in the peanut sauce onto a collard green leaf, top with some seasoned noodles, and then top with the lettuce, shredded red cabbage, carrots and red bell peppers.
- Roll the wrap, starting from the bottom, going up. Secure close with a toothpick. Serve with the leftover peanut sauce and enjoy!
(Open to residents within the United States only)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I am a member of Peanut Butter & Co’s YUM Squad and am helping to promote their new Mighty Nut Powdered Peanut Butter. This giveaway is sponsored by Peanut Butter & Co.