Welcome to the second annual Brunch Week hosted by the lovely Terri of Love and Confections and the amazing Susan of The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen! Join us this week, May 5th through May 11th while we celebrate the deliciousness of brunch!! We have 32 bloggers bringing you their best brunch game, from cocktails to eggs to donuts, there is something for everyone this week. Our amazing sponsors have donated some great prizes for a gigantic giveaway, so please visit them all for more information.
If there’s one thing I love when thinking of brunch food eats . . it’s got to be puff pastry. Puff pastry is like the most amazing thing in the world and can transform a sweet or savory treat into something so delightful. I have to admit though, I have not yet tried making puff pastry dough from scratch. . it’s on my list! But until then, store bought frozen puff pastry is the way to go!
These croissants are so easy to make it’s crazy. That’s the glorious thing about puff pastry .. it makes your baked treats look impeccable and perfect. I make these croissants all the time and when peaches aren’t in season, I use apples.
Simply roll out your thawed puff pastry dough and cut one sheet into four, even squares. Place your apples towards the lower corner and top with a cinnamon and sugar mixture.
Roll the bottom flap up, covering the apples and tuck under and then roll the top flap down and tuck under. Next, gently bend the two ends slightly downwards.
Repeat until all of your croissants are finished. Next, brush on some egg wash and then top with more of the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Bake and voila! Look at these beauties! (See the recipe card below for complete instructions).
Drizzle on some melted Nutella and devour immediately.
The best part of these apple croissants? Eating these babies with my Bonne Maman Fig Preserves! I am a huge jam/preserves/smear all kinds of goodness on my food type of person so I LOVED eating my croissants with their delicious fig preserves. Bonne Maman’s “Fig Preserves are made with ripened, tender figs that feature smooth, sweet favors that are perfect for savory (or sweet) flavor combinations. The figs’ natural flavors combine beautifully with bread, cheese, ice cream and more!”
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced thin (recommend using Honeycrisp, Fuji or Gala)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 - 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- egg wash: 1 egg slightly beaten + 1 teaspoon water
- melted Nutella
- serve with Bonne Maman's Fig Preserves
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and prepare a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Set aside.
- Wash, peel and cut your apples and set aside. Mix together the sugar + the cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- Working on a good non-stick surface, roll out your thawed puff pastry dough and cut one sheet into four, equal squares. Place your apples towards the lower corner and sprinkle on the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Roll the bottom flap up, covering the apples and tuck under and then roll the top flap down and tuck under. Next, gently bend the two ends of the croissant slightly downwards.
- Repeat until all of your croissants are finished. Brush on the egg wash and then top with more of the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Bake for 23-25 minutes, or until the croissants are golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Drizzle on some melted Nutella, serve with the fig preserves and devour immediately.
You’ve got to check out what everyone else brought for today!
Brunch Egg Dishes:
- Spinach Bell Pepper Frittata from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Corn Souffle from Hungry Couple
- Croque Madame Muffins from Cooking in Stilettos
- Fajita Vegetable Quesadillas with Eggs and Avocado Hollandaise from Sarcastic Cooking
- Bacon, Cheddar, Zucchini Quiche from The Kitchen Prep
- Tortilla Espanola from Savvy Eats
Brunch Breads and Grains:
- Blueberry Cornmeal Waffles from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Busy Bee’s Granola from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Chocolate Dipped Banana Hazelnut Pancake Kebabs from Food Faith Fitness
- Springtime Sweet Rolls from Eat Your Heart Out
- 10 Minute English Muffin Cream Cheese Danish from Neighborfood
- Lemon Poppyseed Scones from Real Housemoms
- Apple Croissants from Hip Foodie Mom
- Fig and Oatmeal Breakfast Bar from My Catholic Kitchen
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins from Jen’s Favorite Cookies
Brunch Fruits, Vegetables, Sides:
- Roasted Beet Salad with Pistachios and Blue Cheese from Healthy. Delicious.
- Caramelized Onion, Apple and Gruyere Bites from Take a Bite out of Boca
- Savory Truffles from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Orange Marmalade Pound Cake from Love and Confections
- Hazelnut-Blackberry Cottage Pudding from The Vintage Cook
- Surprise Inside Orange Pound Cake from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
- Strawberry Hazelnut Crumble with Coconut Whipped Cream from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Corn Fritter Shortcakes with Maple Whipped Cream from The Spiffy Cookie
THE ULTIMATE BRUNCH GIVEAWAY!!!
This is the most amazing giveaway ever! Enter for a chance to win everything you could ever need to make your favorite Brunch dish!
Terms & Conditions:
Mandatory Entry: Leave a comment with What is your favorite Brunch dish?
Many more ways to enter in the Rafflecopter widget, above.
A huge thank you to all our amazing #BrunchWeek sponsors. Please follow these lovely folks on their social media sites:
Baloian Farms – Facebook
Bonne Maman – Pinterest
This giveaway is open to residents of the United States only, age 18 & older. The #Brunchweek 2014 giveaway runs from Monday, May 5, 2014 7:00a EDT through Saturday May 10, 2014 at 11:59p EDT. Winners will be randomly chosen and announced on May 11th. Winners will also be contacted by email and will have 48 hours to respond to the email. If a winner does not respond in that time a new winner will be chosen. For more information, see the full terms and conditions in the Rafflecopter widget.
Disclaimer: California Walnuts, Bob’s Red Mill, OXO, Dixie Crystals, Whole Foods Market Doctor Phillips, Grimmway Farms, Woot Froot, Vidalia Onion, Baloian Farms, Stemilt and Bonne Maman are providing the prizes free of charge. I have received product related to these brands to use for #Brunchweek. All opinions stated are my own.