Fresh Fish Tacos!
Inspired by Mrs. Buena Vida and her “Fresh Veggie Tacos” recipe, I added battered fish and a few other veggies and voila! Fresh homemade FISH tacos. These are divine. Clean, crisp tasting and fresh! This is a MUST TRY RECIPE and great for summer! Hope you enjoy!
Homemade Fresh Fish Tacos
- ½ onion, diced (I prefer red onions for the color)
- 2-3 cups sweet corn
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 1-2 cucumbers, diced
- 1-2 medium fresh tomatos, diced (if you can splurge, go for fresh heirloom tomatoes if they are in season; they will taste divine)
- ½ yellow bell pepper, diced (or red, green or orange; just adding for color!)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 10-12 Battered fish nuggets or fish sticks (1 package); baked and chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeded and minced (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, squeezed (or to taste)
- salt and pepper
- flour tortillas
- Pre-heat your oven and bake your fish nuggets or fish sticks (according to package directions).
- Dice up all of the fresh vegetables and place into a large bowl.
- Over medium heat, saute the sweet corn in a little butter. Transfer to the large bowl with the rest of your veggies. Season with salt, pepper and lime juice. Toss gently.
- Heat your tortillas in a pan with butter (or lightly in a toaster oven) until they’re golden, but still soft (or whatever you prefer). Assemble and serve while they are warm!