Salmon with Spicy Citrus Dressing
Recipe yields a little more than 1 cup of salad dressing. Store, covered, in the refrigerator, or on your countertop if eating within a day or two.
For the salmon
- fresh salmon filet
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- chile lime seasoning blend optional; from Trader Joe's
- fresh arugula and baby spinach or other salad blend
- orange wedges
- green onions finely diced
For the dressing
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup brown rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet red chili sauce I used the Thai Kitchen brand
- 1 tablespoon Korean hot pepper paste gochujang
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
For the salmon:
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
Prep and line a baking sheet. Pat your salmon filet gently with a paper towel. Lightly drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil, season with salt and pepper and the chile lime seasoning blend if desired.
Bake in the oven for about 8 to 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of your salmon filet.
For the dressing:
Whisk together all of the ingredients. Taste and adjust any ingredients as needed. Set aside.
To serve: plate your cooked salmon on a bed of the fresh arugula and baby spinach. Drizzle the dressing over the top and garnish with some finely diced green onions. Serve with orange wedges if desired. Enjoy!