Spring Medley Frittata
Note: Top with the salad right before serving.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 to 6
For the frittata:
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup SimplyNature Organic 2% Milk
- 1 teaspoon Burman’s Dijon Mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup of Happy Farms Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 8 oz. mushrooms sliced
- 5 oz. SimplyNature Organic Baby Spinach
- 5 spears asparagus blanched and cut into 1 to 2 inch pieces
For the salad topping:
- SimplyNature Organic Spring Mix
- Radishes sliced thin
- SimplyNature Balsamic Vinaigrette or balsamic glaze
Preheat your oven to 500 degrees (or full broil). Using a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, dijon mustard and season with salt and pepper. Mix in the mozzarella cheese and set aside.
Using a cast iron skillet, or any large oven-safe skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in the onions and mushrooms and sauté until tender, for about 5 minutes. Add in the baby spinach and blanched asparagus and cook until the spinach leaves become softened, for about 4 to 5 minutes.
Pour in the egg mixture, and turn the heat down to medium. Cook until set, for about 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven and broil until golden brown on top. Be sure to watch your frittata carefully. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 5 to 7 minutes before topping with the spring salad mix. Add some sliced radishes if desired and salad dressing. Serve and enjoy!