Ina Garten's Summer Garden Pasta
- 4 pints cherry tomatoes halved
- great quality olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tablespoons (6 cloves) garlic minced
- 18 large basil leaves julienned, plus extra for serving
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 lb. dried angel hair pasta
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese plus extra for serving
The only thing I would add: maybe save a little of the pasta water if you need it. Mine was delicious but the pasta was a little dry. I did add olive oil like Ina said but I think a little pasta water would have helped.
Ina's recipe says: "Drain the pasta well and add to the bowl with the cherry tomatoes. Add the cheese and some extra fresh basil leaves and toss well." She does say to add olive oil if it's too dry but I would say a little pasta water (like 1 or 2 tablespoons at most) might work well too.