Breakfast Blender Doughnuts
I doubled this recipe to make 8 doughnuts. I did not make the coconut butter glaze. To see what I used, please refer to my post, under variations.
For the doughnuts:
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar of choice I used coconut sugar
- 1/2 scoop protein powder 15 to 17 grams
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice I used almond milk
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
For the coconut butter glaze:
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter softened
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon granulated sweetener of choice
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a doughnut pan with cooking spray and set aside.
In a blender, add all of the doughnut ingredients and blend until a batter is formed. If the batter is too thick (if you use a casein-style protein powder), add another dash of milk. Allow the batter to sit for 2 to 3 minutes.
Pour the doughnut batter into the doughnut pan, two-thirds of the way full. Place pan into oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean and doughnuts spring back slightly.
Remove from the oven and let them cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, before trying to remove them and transfer to a cooling rack.
While cooling, make your coconut butter glaze by mixing all of the ingredients together in a small bowl. Top your cooled doughnuts with the glaze and enjoy!