One Pan Skillet Lasagna
Variations: You can also use lean ground beef or ground turkey. You can also skip the meat altogether and add 2 to 3 cups of fresh spinach instead.
- 2 tablespoons Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 28 oz can fire roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1 28 oz can fire roasted tomato sauce + more if needed
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper freshly cracked
- 1/2 pound lasagna noodles uncooked, broken
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley finely diced
Using a large pan, heat the Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil. Add in the onions and sauté for a few minutes. Add in the garlic and continue stirring for another minute or two. Add in the Italian sausage and cook until browned completely.
Add in the fire roasted crushed tomatoes and the tomato sauce. Season with the Italian seasoning and the salt and pepper. Stir together.
Break the uncooked lasagna noodles over the skillet and add directly into the sauce. Press the lasagna noodles down as much as possible into the sauce. If you need to add more tomato sauce over the top in order to cover the noodles, that's fine. Cover the pan with a lid and let simmer over medium heat for about 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add a cup of shredded mozzarella cheese over the top. Place the lid back on and let the heat melt the cheese for just a few minutes. Garnish with some finely diced parsley and serve!