Chocolate Chip Cookie Mini-Pies
Whoopie Pie pan needed for this recipe. If you don't have one, you can use a muffin pan or just make plain ole chocolate chip cookies!
- 2 cups minus 2 tablespoons cake flour
- 1 2/3 cups bread flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 1/2 sticks 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet and 1 cup milk chocolate chip morsels
- Sea salt to sprinkle on top optional, but highly recommended!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
Using a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together until very light, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla. Reduce speed to low, add dry ingredients and mix until just combined, for about 5 -10 seconds. Mix in chocolate morsels.
Scoop mounds of dough (about 1.5-2 tablespoons worth) into each cavity in the pan. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and bake until golden brown but still soft, about 15-17 minutes (depending on how much you scoop out; just check the cookies).