Avocado Crostini Three Ways!
For even more flavor, rub from garlic on your crostini before topping with the mashed avocado. For the zucchini, if you want to make the ribbons, simply use a vegetable peeler and peel the zucchini to make the ribbons. Roll them up and place on top of the crostini, into the mashed avocado. You can even use some of the avocado to "seal" the ribbons.
- 3 ripe avocados sliced lengthwise with the pit removed
- fresh lime juice juice from 1-2 limes
- kosher salt
- french baguette sliced and toasted
- raw zucchini unpeeled, sliced lengthwise and chopped
- 3 radishes sliced thin
- 1 mango peeled and sliced
- balsamic glaze
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil optional
Using a medium sized bowl, place all the avocados inside and mash together with a fork. Squeeze in the juice from one lime, season with salt and pepper. Taste and add more freshly squeezed lime juice if needed.
To assemble: spread on the mashed avocado on each toast and top some with the raw zucchini, some with the radishes and some with the mango. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and a drizzle of good quality extra virgin olive oil if desired. Serve immediately.