Spiral Cut Double Glazed Brown Sugar Ham with Sweet Potato Casserole
For the Spiral Cut Double Glazed Brown Sugar Ham: Heat the ham in the oven according to package instructions. While the ham is in the oven, prepare the brown sugar glaze. Garnish the cooked ham with pineapple slices if desired.
Sweet Potato Casserole:
- 4 medium-large sweet potatoes about 3 pounds
- 6 tablespoons Baker’s Corner brown sugar
- ¼ cup Nature’s Nectar orange juice
- ¼ cup Friendly Farms heavy cream or whole milk
- 3 ½ tablespoons Countryside Creamery unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon Stonemill vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon Stonemill salt
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 3 tablespoons Countryside Creamery unsalted butter softened slightly
- ½ cup Baker’s Corner dark brown sugar
- ¾ cup Southern Grove chopped pecans
To make the casserole:
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Cover the sweet potatoes with foil and bake until very tender, for about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Remove and let cool. Reduce heat to 350 degrees.
When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them in half, scoop out the flesh and mash until smooth.
You should have about 4 cups of potatoes. Using a hand mixer or your stand mixer, beat the sweet potatoes with the brown sugar, orange juice, heavy cream, butter, vanilla and salt. Place everything into a casserole dish.