No Bake Paleo Energy Bites
Recipe should yield about 14-15 energy bites.
Prep Time1 hr 15 mins
Total Time1 hr 15 mins
- heaping 1/2 cup all natural almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup dried fruit raisins, cherries or cranberries
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- 3/4 cup ground almond flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/4 cup raw cacao nibs + more for rolling if desired
- non-dairy chocolate melted (optional)
Using a food processor, pulse together all of the ingredients from the almond butter to the salt only. Pulse for just a few seconds, bringing the mixture together and still keeping a little texture. You do NOT want to blend until smooth.
Remove the blade from your food processor and pour in the cacao nibs. Mix together using a rubber spatula. Using your hands, roll the mixture into balls (you can also roll some of the energy bites in more cacao nibs if desired) and place onto a flat baking sheet or plate.
Place the energy bites into the refrigerator, or freezer for about an hour. If desired, drizzle the energy bites with some melted chocolate before eating. Because the energy bites will be cold, the chocolate should harden on the bites pretty quickly. Store the energy bites in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.