Simple Shrimp and Chicken Stir Fry
When I make stir-fry, I never measure anything. I just throw stuff in. . so here's my best estimation at all the measurements. Add or substitute with any protein and vegetables! When making stir-fry for my husband, I add a little minced garlic and brown sugar as well.
Servings: 4 -6
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 cups broccoli cut into florets
- 1 package mushrooms sliced
- 2 to 3 carrots cut
- 1 bell pepper red or yellow, chopped
- 1-2 cups sugar snap peas chopped
- 1 cup onion diced
- salt and pepper
- about 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- about 1 pound shrimp fresh or frozen, but if frozen, make sure it's completely thawed
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken; chopped
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1-2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar
- Serve with brown rice
Get all your veggies prepped: washed and chopped. And cut up your rotisserie chicken.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat. After a minute or 2, throw in all of your vegetables and allow them to cook until just tender, for about 2 minutes. Stirring occasionally. After 2 minutes, reduce the heat to medium-high and cook your vegetables or another 3 minutes or so. Season with a little salt and pepper.
Add the shrimp and chicken. Drizzle the sesame oil, add the low sodium soy sauce and a splash or 2 of balsamic vinegar. Taste and add more soy sauce or balsamic vinegar if needed. Cook for another 5 minutes or so. Serve over brown rice.