Olive Oil and Thyme Mini Bundt Cakes
This recipe is for (8) mini bundt cakes. If you want to bake a regular sized bundt, bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Re: the olive oil, I recommend using your favorite mild fruity finishing olive oil; one whose flavor and taste you like all on its own.
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin good tasting olive oil
- 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter
- Finely grated zest and freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt or iodized salt
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh thyme leaves only
- confectioners' sugar for dusting
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prep mini bundt cake pan with non-stick cooking spray and light flour if desired (knock out excess flour).
Using your electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the eggs and sugar and beat on high speed for about 3 minutes. Drizzle in the olive oil and melted butter and continue to mix. Fold in the lemon zest and juice.
In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and thyme. Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet egg mixture and stir until evenly combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula if needed.
Pour the batter into the prepared wells of the mini bundt pan and bake for about 18-20 minutes. Cool the cake on a wire rack for about 10 minutes. When cool enough to handle, invert the mini bundt pan and let the cakes cool completely on a rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar and enjoy!