Slow Cooked Pork
If you don't want to use ketchup here, you can use another 1/2 can of tomato sauce or diced tomatoes
- 2-3 lbs pork shoulder or butt, cut into chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 28-ounce can tomato sauce or diced tomatoes
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar or molasses
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 5 cloves garlic minced or grated
- 2 yellow onions sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
Season your pork with salt and pepper and place into your slow cooker. In a separate medium-sized bowl, combine all of the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Pour over the pork directly into your slow cooker and mix thoroughly (I wear plastic gloves and mix with my hands). Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook until the pork is tender and beginning to fall apart, on low 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 6 hours.
Transfer the pork to a plate. Allow to cool slightly, and shred using 2 forks.