Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Mousse
*You can use any type of chocolate for this recipe; I recommend using good quality dark or bittersweet chocolate.
Servings: 4 -6
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons 1/2 stick soft unsalted butter or room temp
- 9 oz best-quality sea salt dark chocolate; chopped into small pieces *see NOTE above; I used Theo Chocolate.
- 1/4 cup hot water from a recently boiled kettle
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- maldon sea salt or very coarse sea salt; for garnish
Place the mini marshmallows, soft butter, chocolate and water in a heavy-bottomed saucepan, over low heat to melt everything; stirring every now and then until melted and combined. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
Using your electric stand mixer (on speed 4 or 6) or hand mixer, whip the heavy cream with the vanilla extract until thick and peaks have formed; for about 4-5 minutes. Fold into the cooling chocolate mixture until you have a smooth, cohesive mixture.
Place into 4 glasses or ramekins, and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. I chilled mine for an hour but you could probably get away with only 20 or 30 minutes in the fridge. Sprinkle on some maldon sea salt and enjoy!