I make crostini all the time and have found that cooking the bread in a pan with some good EVOO works the best.
- 1 french bread baguette; sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons good quality extra virgin olive oil
- roasted garlic OR Gourmet Garden's Garlic optional, for added flavor
- roasted walnuts chopped (optional, for added garnish and texture)
- fresh parsley for garnish
Using a large non-stick pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the little bread slices and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side watching it closely to ensure the bread does not burn.
When finished, for added flavor, rub on a little roasted garlic or Gourmet Garden's Garlic paste on each toast and top with the Coconut Lemongrass Chicken Curry above. Garnish with fresh parsley and walnuts (if desired). Enjoy!