Longevity Noodles for Chinese New Year
This is the recipe in its simplest form. You can add protein, heat and vegetables.
- 8 ounces very thin long wheat-flour noodles or any type of rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil + more if needed
- 3 small cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced or grated
- 1 to 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce + more if needed
- Sea salt and ground white pepper to taste
- diced green onions for garnish
- sesame seeds for garnish
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat and salt it generously. Add the noodles, stir, and cook for about 4 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water and set aside in a large serving bowl.
In a separate small bowl, whisk together the sesame oil, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and salt and white pepper, to taste, until combined well. Pour the mixture over the noodles and toss well to coat. Taste and adjust the seasoning with more salt/pepper and/or sesame oil or soy sauce if necessary. Garnish with diced green onions and sesame seeds and serve immediately.