Blood Orange Margaritas
MAKE AHEAD: The margarita recipe can be prepared through Step 1 and refrigerated, covered, overnight.
- 1 cup fresh orange juice from 2-3 navel oranges
- fresh juice from 2-3 blood oranges + 1 blood orange sliced
- fresh lime juice from 1 lime
- a splash of Cointreau or other triple sec
- 1/4 cup Casa Noble silver tequila
- Kosher salt; for the glasses
- 2 fresh sage sprigs or leaves
Using a large pitcher or large cocktail shaker, mix the fresh orange juice with the lime juice, Cointreau and Casa Noble silver tequila. Refrigerate until chilled, for at least 30 minutes.
Spread a small mound of kosher salt on a plate. Moisten the outer rim of 2 martini glasses with the blood orange wedge, then dip the rims into the salt to lightly coat.
Add ice to the pitcher or cocktail shaker and stir or shake well, then strain into the prepared glasses. Garnish each margarita with a blood orange slice and a sage sprig and serve.