The recipe yields about 8 to 10 pieces of Kimchi Bruschetta.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 french baguette sliced
- 1 garlic clove peeled and left whole
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 heaping cups kimchi chopped
- 1 medium to large sized tomato diced with the seeds removed
- fresh ricotta cheese
- fresh green onions diced for garnish
Using a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the baguette slices and cook until well toasted on each side; for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Remove from heat, rub one side of all the baguette slices with the garlic and set aside.
Using a medium to large sized nonstick skillet, heat the sesame oil over medium high heat. Add the kimchi and sauté for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until heated through. Remove from heat and set aside to cool for a few minutes. Combine the fresh diced tomatoes and sautéed kimchi and mix well.
To assemble: spread the ricotta cheese on each baguette and top with the tomato/kimchi mixture. Garnish with the diced green onions and serve immediately.