Quick and Easy Soba Noodle Salad Bowl
In order to get the best results, pat your tofu dry as much as possible before using. Additionally, I left the red bell peppers and cabbage raw but you can definitely add these in for a bit when you are stir frying the tofu and broccoli.
- 1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon peeled fresh ginger grated
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper; optional for some heat
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 package 8 oz firm tofu, drained, rinsed, patted dry and cubed
- 5 oz cooked soba noodles buckwheat noodles
- 1 red bell pepper sliced lengthwise and into strips
- red cabbage sliced into strips
- fresh green onions diced
- sesame seeds
Combine 1/3 cup chicken broth, peanut butter, grated ginger, soy sauce, honey, crushed red pepper (if using), and garlic in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
Using a large sized wok over medium-high heat, heat the sesame oil. Add the broccoli and dry, cubed tofu and stir fry until nicely browned, for about 8 to 10 minutes. Add in the cooked soba noodles and quickly pour in the sauce mixture (reserving a little for the end) and stir together until everything is nicely coated. After a few minutes, remove from the heat and mix in the raw bell peppers and red cabbage and drizzle on the remaining dressing mixture. Garnish with the diced green onions and sesame seeds. Serve immediately.