Blondies from Americas Test Kitchen
Adding white chocolate chips plus semisweet chocolate chips gives ATK's blondies a rich, full flavor.
Servings: 36 bars
- 1 1/2 cups 7 1/2 ounces all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups packed 10 1/2 ounces light brown sugar
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans toasted and chopped coarse
- 1/2 cup 3 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup 3 ounces white chocolate chips
Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Make foil sling for 13x9 inch baking pan (or simply use parchment paper). Spray with non-stick baking spray or grease with butter.
Whisk flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl. In medium bowl, whisk sugar and melted butter together until combined. Whisk in eggs and vanilla. Using rubber spatula, fold in flour mixture until just combined. Fold in pecans and semisweet and white chocolate chips.
Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake until top is shiny and cracked and feels firm to touch, for about 25 to 30 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through baking.
Let blondies cool completely, for about 2 hours. Using foil overhang or parchment overhang, lift blondies from pan. Cut into bars and serve.