Korean Steamed Eggs
If you don't have an earthenware bowl, bring the chicken broth to a low boil and then place into a microwave safe bowl, pour in the egg mixture and microwave (covered) for about 4 to 5 minutes on high heat.
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup finely diced green onions + more for garnish if desired
- 1/3 cup finely diced red bell peppers
- Pinch of red chili pepper flakes for some heat optional
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Pinch of salt
- Serve with white or brown rice
- Special equipment: earthenware bowl
Using an earthenware bowl, bring the chicken broth to a boil over medium-high heat.
In a separate, medium sized bowl, mix together the eggs, green onions, bell peppers, red chili pepper flakes (if using), milk and season with salt. Beat well.
When the chicken broth begins to boil, lower the heat to a simmer and pour in the egg mixture, stirring well to combine with the chicken broth. Cover with the lid and let cook for another 4-5 minutes.
When ready to serve, garnish with more diced green onions if desired. Serve with white or brown rice.