Spinach Pesto with Almond Flour Pasta
This pesto can be enjoyed with pasta, salmon, bread or crackers. Yields: about 2 - 2 1/2 cups of pesto.
- 2 to 3 cups packed fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 to 1 cup mixed greens or arugula + fresh parsley or just fresh parsley (whatever you have)
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic; whole or minced
- ¼ cup sliced almonds or pine nuts
- 1/2 to 1 cup good quality extra-virgin olive oil + more if needed
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese chunks or freshly grated
- Kosher salt to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes if desired
- cooked gluten free pasta any kind
For the pesto:
Combine the spinach, greens, parsley, garlic, and almonds or pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. With the processor running, slowly pour the olive oil (I used about a cup) into the bowl through the feed tube and process until the pesto is thoroughly combined. Add the parmesan and pulse again. Season with salt and add the crushed red pepper flakes if using.