370 calories; 17 g fat; 7 g saturated fat; 215 mg cholesterol; 32 g protein; 20 g carbohydrates; 1 g fiber; 390 mg sodium; 653 mg calcium (70% of daily value). Nutrition figures are based on using fat free milk, and includes an 8-ounce glass of milk.
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1/2 cup baby spinach chopped if desired
- 2 tablespoons tomatoes finely diced
- 1 large egg + 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup fat free milk
- 1/4 cup Swiss cheese freshly grated
- Salt and pepper optional
- Finely diced chives for garnish
- Pair each serving with: 8-ounce glass of milk
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Heat 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil in a small oven safe skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté until softened, for about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the spinach and tomatoes and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg plus egg whites, 1/4 cup milk, cheese and season with salt and pepper (optional) and pour the egg mixture evenly into the skillet, over the vegetables. Turn the heat down to medium-low and let sit, without stirring, until the edges begin to set, for about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Garnish with finely diced chives. Serve with an 8-ounce glass of milk.