Protein Rich Energy Bites
I do like to put the almond butter on the bottom and then all of the ingredients, and then end with the agave and peanut butter. I feel like this helps the mixture to come together more evenly in the food processor.
- 1 heaping cup gluten free old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup almond butter
- ¼ cup sunflower nuts
- 3 Van’s Gramwich gluten free snack bars broken into pieces
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon whole flaxseeds
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed meal
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- ¼ cup agave
- ½ cup natural peanut butter + more if needed
Using your food processor, pulse together all of the ingredients until combined. Do not over pulse; just pulse until the mixture just starts to come together. Using a cookie scoop, scoop out the energy bite mixture and shape into balls using your hands.
Place onto a baking sheet, plate or in a container and place in the refrigerator for at least an hour, or overnight. Energy bites can be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated for up to 3-5 days.