Best Steak Marinade in Existence!!
This recipe makes enough homemade steak marinade for 4 to 5 lbs. of meat.
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (heaping) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce optional
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
Place meat into a large ziptop bag. Using a bowl, pour in all of the ingredients and whisk until thoroughly mixed. If you have a blender at home, feel free to blend the marinade ingredients together. Otherwise, a whisk works fine too!
Pour the marinade into a ziptop bag, directly over the meat. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours. The longer you allow the meat to marinate, the better, but because of the acid (lemon juice) in the marinade, do not marinate longer than 4 hours.
Remove meat from the marinade and DISCARD THE MARINADE - do not reuse. Cook steak as desired and enjoy!