Tarragon Chicken Salad
You can also add diced Granny Smith apples (peeled and cored) or grapes too.
- Rotisserie chicken like the ones from Costco; chopped OR use Cooks Illustrated method above with chicken breasts (about 3-4 cups of chicken chopped)
- Celery; chopped
- Red onion; chopped
- Orange bell pepper; chopped
- Cherry tomatoes; chopped
- Fresh tarragon leaves finely chopped (or 2 teaspoons dried tarragon)
- 1/3 cup tartar sauce (add more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Season with salt & black pepper
- Bread any kind
- Lettuce and sliced tomatoes optional; if you want to add more to your sandwich
Combine the chopped chicken with all of the chopped veggies through the cherry tomatoes and toss in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients through the lemon juice and mix well.
OR if you'd like to taste the tartar sauce/dijon/tarragon/lemon juice mixture beforehand, mix these ingredients in a separate bowl to taste.
Season with salt and pepper and assemble your sandwich.