Alice Currah's Chocolate Chip Cookies!
This might be the last chocolate chip cookie recipe you'll search for. This one is that good.
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups 12 oz all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. smallish-medium coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or a blend of milk chocolate and semi-sweet; I highly recommend you TRY THIS. you won't regret it!
Preheat oven to 360 degrees. Cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar until it is nice and fluffy (approx. 3 minutes on medium-high speed). Add both eggs and vanilla and beat for an additional 2 minutes.
Add baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour until cookie batter is fully incorporated. Finally add the chocolate chips until well distributed. The cookie batter should be somewhat thick.
Drop about 2 tablespoons of the cookie dough or use a medium cookie scoop and place the batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil. Bake for 12-14 minutes until the edges are nice and golden brown. Remove from the heat and allow the cookies to stay on the cookie sheet for an additional 2 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.