Hot Dogs with Kimchi Relish and Shredded Radish
If making the white radish banchan, please note the cook time.
- 1/2 cup store bought Korean Kimchi thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons brown rice vinegar
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog rolls; toasted
- 4 tablespoons Korean hot mustard if you want spicy or classic yellow mustard
- Korean white radish banchan* optional
- Diced green onions for garnish
If making the white radish banchan:
- 1 medium sized radish preferably from a Korean grocery store
- brown rice vinegar
- granulated sugar
For the White Radish Banchan:
Using a julienne, cut the radish into long strips (match sticks) and set aside. Mix together 2 cups water, 1 cup of the brown rice vinegar and a 1/2 cup of the sugar and pour over the cut radish. Mix and let sit in a bowl for at least 30 minutes. Taste and add more vinegar or sugar accordingly.
For the HOT DOGS:
Boil some water and cook the hot dogs for about 5-6 minutes.
Preheat a grill to high or a grill pan over medium-high heat.
In a small bowl, mix together the kimchi, honey, and vinegar.
Place the hot dogs on the grill and grill until browned, crispy and you can see those glorious grill marks. Place rolls on the grill and toast until golden (or you can use a toaster oven). Place hot dogs in rolls and top each with the mustard, the kimchi mixture, top with the radish banchan* and garnish with the diced green onions. Serve immediately.