Shaved Zucchini with Ricotta and Walnuts
If your shaved zucchini is a little damp or wet, simply pat down gently with some paper towels.
Servings: 3 -4
- 1-2 large firm zucchini
- Juice of 1/2 lemon no more than 2-3 tablespoons; be careful here because you don't want too much juice
- 3 tablespoons best-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- Fleur de sel sel gris or sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup sheep’s milk ricotta or ricotta
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts broken in pieces
- Lemon zest for garnish optional
Using a vegetable peeler, peel your zucchini lengthwise into long, thin strips. Toss them in a medium bowl with the lemon juice and olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
Transfer to a serving bowl and dollop the ricotta over the top. Sprinkle with toasted walnuts and finish with a light drizzle of olive oil, and a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature.