Fresh Asian Noodle Bowl
You can easily add chicken breast or rotisserie chicken if a different protein is desired.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 2 English cucumbers julienned
- 1 cup carrots peeled and julienned; or you can simply use your vegetable peeler to create carrot curls like I did
- 2 cups variety of bell peppers orange, yellow and red; thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 package of regular firm tofu; sliced into thin strips try to let tofu rest on paper towels beforehand so as to remove/drain some of the water. Pat down thoroughly with the paper towels.
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 - 8 oz pack of brown rice noodles; like pad thai noodles or you can use vermicelli noodles
- 1/3 cup sweet red chili sauce like the Thai Kitchen brand
- 1/3 cup brown rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce + more if needed
- peanuts chopped (you can place peanuts in a plastic bag and smash with a rolling pin)
- green onion sliced
- fresh cilantro
- sriracha sauce
- lime wedges
Over medium-high heat, add the sesame oil to a non-stick pan and heat for about 2 minutes. Add the sliced, somewhat dry tofu and fry until golden brown, flipping as you are cooking them. Season with salt and pepper. When finished, set aside on a paper towel lined plate.
In a large pot of boiling water, cook the noodles according to package directions. Most brown rice noodles only need to be cooked for 4-5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
In a large bowl, toss together all of your cut veggies, the tofu and noodles.
In a small bowl or mason jar, mix together the sweet red chili sauce, brown rice vinegar and soy sauce. Shake and drizzle over the noodles and toss together. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed. (For my photo, I added the soy sauce later)
Sprinkle on chopped peanuts, green onions, fresh cilantro, sriracha and add a little lime juice. Enjoy!