Kale Pasta Salad for a Picnic #SundaySupper
If you are making this pasta salad for a picnic, mix in the salad dressing right before you serve it.
Servings: 6 -8
- ½ lb Rotini pasta
- 2 medium cucumbers; peeled and chopped
- 1-2 heaping cups kale; chopped I'm using Organic Tuscan Kale here
- ½ red bell pepper; chopped
- ½ yellow bell pepper; chopped
- ½ orange bell pepper; chopped
- 1 stalk celery; chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives; chopped
- 1/2 cup Spanish olives; chopped
- ½ red onion; chopped
- 1 cup salad dressing: mixture of balsamic vinaigrette + your fave creamy italian dressing use store bought dressing or homemade + more if needed
- 1/2 cup sunflower nuts; roasted no salt
Cook pasta according to package instructions and cook to al dente. Rinse and allow to cool.
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cooled pasta with all of the chopped veggies. Pour in the salad dressing, sprinkle on the sunflower nuts and mix again. Serve immediately.