Phoebe's Pesto Pasta Salad
Again, for a nut-free option, simply omit the pine nuts.
Prep Time17 mins
Cook Time8 mins
Total Time25 mins
- ½ lb Rotini pasta
- 2 medium cucumbers; peeled and chopped
- ½ red bell pepper; chopped
- ½ yellow bell pepper; chopped
- ½ orange bell pepper; chopped
- 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 stalk celery; chopped
- ½ cup black olives; chopped
- ½ cup green olives; chopped
- 1-2 cups pesto recipe above; mix in amount to your liking + more if desired
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- fresh arugula to plate
- very light drizzle of extra virgin olive oil optional
Cook pasta according to package instructions and cook to al dente. Rinse and allow to cool slightly.
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cooled pasta with all of the chopped veggies. Mix in the pesto until everything is well coated, sprinkle on the pine nuts and mix again gently. Serve on a bed of fresh baby arugula. Hit with a very light dash of extra virgin olive oil if desired. Enjoy!