This pesto can be enjoyed with pasta, bread or crackers. Yields: about 2 - 2 1/2 cups of pesto.
- 2 to 3 cups packed fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup mixed greens or arugula or basil + fresh parsley
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic; whole or minced
- ¼ cup almonds
- 1/2 cup good quality extra-virgin olive oil + more if needed
- 1/4 cup freshly grated or chunks of Parmesan
- Kosher salt to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes if desired
Combine the spinach, greens, parsley, garlic, and almonds in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. With the processor running, slowly pour the olive oil into the bowl through the feed tube and process until the pesto is thoroughly combined. Add the Parmesan cheese and pulse until well combined. Season with salt and add the crushed red pepper flakes if using and enjoy!